Run All Arts Council.
Other duties as assigned.
Working under the direction of a volunteer Board of Directors, the Executive Director will oversee all activities of a nonprofit Local Arts Service Organization and will manage and rent out our sister theatrical space. The ideal candidate will have grant writing, general business, and advertising experience.
Travel may be required.
- Ensure successful execution of all Board of Directors projects, such as art exhibits, concerts, and meetings.
- Maintain membership database and financial info, monitor trends
- Recruit new members, retain existing members, recruit volunteer staff and keep them happy
- Cultivate and solicit major donors--individuals, corporations, and foundations as well as local sponsors for events
- Carry out marketing plan including weekly newspaper column, AAC online newsletter, print, radio, and TV advertising for AAC brand and for events
- Plan and run exhibits, series, and concerts
- Keep up membership requirements in local and state groups such as VAC, LASOs, volunteer coordinators, etc.
- Liase between the AAC and outside agencies, including legal and accounting advisors and other arts councils.
- Liase with webmaster, publicity contacts, and other presenters.
- Prepare and keep AAC books and nonprofit financial reporting
- Correspond with suppliers, contractors, authorities, Board and committee members, advertisers, inquiries, on program issues.
- Handle correspondence, filing and record keeping
- Work with renters/users (non-performance and non-OH Series events), including providing information as to facilities/fee rates/conditions of use, ascertaining and assisting with technical and publicity needs, monitoring use of facilities, and collecting fees.
- Attend Board and committee meetings, and prepare materials
- Produce mailers, and distribute or arrange for distribution by commercial firm or by volunteers.
- Maintain records and produce reports of events and rentals.
- Maintain Box Office for events.
- Business/marketing experience.
- Demonstrated association and staff management experience. Proven track record with volunteer committee management. Has worked with a Board of Directors effectively.
- Strong project management skills with solid multitasking experience.
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- BA/BS degree required.
To apply, call AAC director Kate Kinney at 802-524-1486 or e-mail us.
Dick Harper, Chair
P.O. Box 1
Highgate Springs, VT 05460